If you like what you read, please share

Meet Lynn McMonigal

Lynn McMonigal is a Christian writer on the move. I am honored to have her visiting with us for two days and then again for another two near the end of the month. When asked to tell us a little about herself, Lynn says:

"I cannot remember a time when I was not telling stories. As a little girl, I used to gather all of my dolls and stuffed animals together for story time. At night, I annoyed my sisters by whispering my stories until I fell asleep. In fifth grade, I met Mrs. Sue Niedzielski. Mrs. N. fed my creativity, encouraging me to write down my stories. Her excitement and support fueled my desire to be a writer. Twenty years later, she is still one of my biggest fans—outside of my family, of course!

In high school, I began entering writing contests. It felt good to see my work in print and to know that others were reading it. As much as I wanted writing to be a career, for years it was a hobby. Between working, being a wife, and being a mother, I didn’t have the time to focus on my writing. If God wanted me to write, He was going to have to show me how and when to do it. Too many other responsibilities crowded my life for my writing to be a priority. Slowly, my dream faded into the background as I struggled through “real life”.

Things changed after the birth of my third child in 2007. It was like a switch was flipped inside me. I felt I had to write. God gave me the stories and showed me how and when to work on them. By the end of the year, I had completed my first novel and sold my first short story.

My published books are Forsaking the Call (December 2008) and Summertime (May 2009). The Ladies of Faith, the first in a three-part series, is scheduled for publication later this year.

I live in Jackson, MI with my husband and our three sons. My family is very active in our church, Cascades Wesleyan. When I am not writing, I like reading to my boys and scrapbooking.

God has been very good to me and to my family. I praise Him daily for his many blessings. My favorite scripture passage is Joshua 1:7-9

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Lynn's latest book is Summertime . Set in Grass Lake, MI and New York City, Summertime is a tale of romance, heartache, and healing.

Entertainment journalist Laura Bell has been a single mother for her daughter’s entire life. She has not even seen the girl’s father, Joey Matthews, a member of a once hugely popular boy band, in almost 10 years When his band, ZeroGravity, reunites, Laura is asked to cover the event. She is suddenly forced to confront her past. Can she build a life for her daughter, one that includes Joey, without compromising her new-found Christian faith? Or was there love meant only to last in SUMMERTIME?

Tomorrow, Lynn will be sharing an excerpt from Summertime--and a very special interview with Laura Bell, the lead character--with us. Please make a point of coming back and taking a look!

Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Summertime is a great read. Guys, it's a 'romance' novel, but very interesting and fun to read!

I'll see Lynn on the 27th and 28th of this month for my review and interview also.

Very interesting post about a very good writer.

John McMonigal said...

Great interview Lynn. It is straight from the heart. Whenever you allow God to lead you, He will take you wherever you want to go. Congrats on the new book. I love you and am very proud that you an enjoying your writing.

Helen Ginger said...

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many writers say they've always written. I'm one of those, too. It seems to be in our bones and in our souls.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Lynn McMonigal said...

I am glad you ahve enjoyed the interview. this is going to be a FUN week with all the blog stops I have going on. Just hoping my computer is fixed soon!!

Lynn

Post a Comment