|Click here to purchase!|
What if a homeless, smelly, ugly, unkempt old man had a hug so powerful it could cure cancer? Cause a prostitute to stop hooking and seek true love? Shake the demons of addiction free from a junkie? Make a Christian want to hug and love a Muslim and visa versa? But rare is the beneficiary of his divine embrace – nobody wants to come near him out of fear.
Marvin D. Wilson has a widely varied and rich life experience background - from Hippie Rock and Roll musician, to nightclub entertainer, to Zen Buddhist minister, to carpenter, to small business owner, to network marketer, to sales and sales training, to skilled trades instructor and adult education teacher, to public speaker and motivational coach, to now in his chosen “golden years” career, a writer and multi-published author with the self-proclaimed, “audacity to write novels”.
Wilson describes his spiritual path as one who is a non-religious, dogma-free, maverick spiritualist Christian, with a strong bent toward Zen, Taoism, and the Law of Attraction, and who believes in the Oneness of all creation and all paths leading to re-awakening to the On e. He is a family man with three grown children and six grandchildren, and works with his son and oldest daughter in their organic compost and vegetable farming business when not writing, traveling, and marketing his books.
Marvin writes primarily in the spiritual/inspirational genre, but likes to pen “cross-over” novels that appeal to a wide variety of readers. His books are uplifting, sometimes weighty, oftentimes humorous, abidingly thought-provoking, meant to instill and create passion and emotion, more than occasionally provocative to the point of controversial, and always “tell it like it is”, real world, no punches pulled writing. He likes to deliver spiritual messages in a non-preachy, often irreverent, sometimes sexy and ribald way, through the medium of an entertaining story.
Now for my thoughts :-)
Hugs—they bring comfort to many, disgust and horror to others and a feeling of safety to still others. Some hugs can invoke all these emotions. One hug can’t change an entire life—or can it?
In Beware the Devil’s Hug, Marvin Wilson has once again brought together an unlikely cast of characters whose lives entwine in such a way they weave the very tapestry we call life. Love, hatred, pain and laughter are the threads that bind the tapestry tightly, making it impossible for even one of the characters to remain untouched by all the others.
For those familiar with Mr. Wilson’s work, you won’t be surprised that he does not skirt issues that may cause controversy. He presents what is, leaving his own ego and thoughts completely out of the picture and allowing the reader to fully experience each issue from a perspective within their own soul. Before your experience, for this book is truly an experience, is through, you will question reality, ponder your idea of right and wrong and, if you are willing, get to see the world from perspectives you thought were much different than your own.
For those not looking for a spiritual revelation, that is fine too. The storyline is full of drama, action and a twist that I never saw coming. Beware the Devil’s Hug contains something to please almost any reader, male or female, young or old. It is definitely an adult book, but only the most prudish or narrow-minded will find it offending. Marvin Wilson may not skirt the difficult issues, but he handles them with finesse and a genuine empathy found rarely in today’s world. Marvin Wilson is a modern day Richard Bach – inviting the human race to question, strive and dream—but most of all to open their minds and hearts and embrace all the wonder that lies within each soul.
Beware the Devil's Hug earns the Full Rainbow of Writing Excellence--seven colors!
Marvin is holding a contest for those who visit stops on his blog tour and for those who purchase his book.
Hugs Therapy Virtual Tour 2010 – Contest, Prizes and Giveaways
Readers following the tour will have the opportunity to win prizes and receive giveaways in the following manner:
· Every comment left will count as one point, be it on that day’s host’s blog and/or The Old Silly’s Free Spirit Blog. A reader can earn two points per day in this manner.
· Each tweet of any post stop will count as one point. Tweeting the host’s post and also tweeting the Free Spirit post that day earns two points. This one is on the honor system, so the commenter should include that he/she tweeted the post(s) in their blog comment.
· Each Facebook tour announcement/message with a link to that day’s host’s blog earns one point. This one is also on the honor system, so the commenter should include that he/she facebooked the post in his or her blog comment.
· Buying an ebook version of Beware the Devil’s Hug earns five points. Reader/buyer must confirm the purchase by emailing the author a copy of the invoice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Buying a print (paperback) version of Beware the Devil’s Hug earns 20 points. Reader/buyer must confirm the purchase by emailing the author a copy of the invoice to: email@example.com
Prizes for Point System Winners-
· Grand Prize – The person with the most points will receive an autographed paperback copy of Marvin D Wilson’s last novel, Owen Fiddler.
· First Runner-up Prize – The person with the second highest point total will receive an autographed paperback copy of the author’s first book, I Romanced the Stone (Memoirs of a Recovering Hippie).
· Second Runner-up Prize – The person with the third highest point total will also receive an autographed copy of the author’s first book, I Romanced the Stone (Memoirs of a Recovering Hippie).
· Third and Fourth Runner-up Prizes – these people will receive an autographed paperback copy of the author’s book, Between the Storm and the Rainbow.
Additional Incentives and Giveaways:
The first reader who purchases a print copy of Beware the Devil’s Hug during the tour (again providing proof via email), pays for rush delivery (if they feel that necessary), reads it, and posts a review on Amazon before the tour ends, will receive a $25 gift certificate to Borders or Barnes and Nobles bookstores, his or her choice.
· Any other readers who purchase a print copy of Beware the Devil’s Hug during the tour and can post a review before the tour ends will receive $10 certificates to Borders or Barnes and Nobles bookstores, their choice.
· All readers who purchase a print copy of Beware the Devil’s Hug during the tour but cannot or do not get a review up before the tour ends, will still be rewarded – with a free ebook copy of Owen Fiddler.
Remember, guys, just click the link under the cover art above. You'll also have a chance to read an excerpt there. These prizes are awesome (but the book is even more so). To give you more chances to win, here are the rest of the tour stops:
Elizabeth Spann Craig http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/ 10/17/10
Joyce Anthony http://joyce-anthony.blogspot.com/ 10/18/10
Stephen Tremp http://www.stephentremp.blogspot.com/ 10/19/10
L. Diane Wolfe http://circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com/ 10/20/10
Patricia Stoltey http://patriciastoltey.blogspot.com/ 10/21/10
Sylvia Dickey Smith http://sylviadickeysmithbooks.wordpress.com/ 10/22/10
Michelle Emrath http://southerncitymysteries.blogspot.com/ 10/23/10
Leeuna Foster http://leeunafoster.com/humorblog/ 10/24/10
Jane Sutton http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/ 10/25/10
Mason Canyon (Pamela) http://www.masoncanyon.blogspot.com/ 10/26/10
Arlee Bird http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/ 10/27/10
Helen Ginger http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com/ 10/28/10
Lacresha Hayes http://learntofeelpretty.blogspot.com/ 10/29/10
Kissie http://justkissie.com/ 10/30/10